What is degenerative arthritis?
A disease in which articular cartilage is damaged due to aging
As we age, our body functions decline, and as a result of these degenerative changes, the amount of knee cartilage that absorbs shock and smoothes joint motion decreases.
It is a disease in which the bones between joints rub against each other as the cartilage decreases, causing inflammation and pain.
The onset and symptoms vary from patient to patient due to a variety of factors such as age, genetic predisposition, obesity, joint shape, and hormones.
Causes and symptoms
Caused by various causes, not just aging
- 1.Aging, obesity, genetic predisposition and hormones
- 2.Sports injuries from excessive exercise, such as soccer, basketball, etc.
Pain goes away with rest, but overall knee pain occurs.
- 1.Initially, the pain goes away with rest, but the knee becomes stiff, slightly painful, and feverish.
- 2.Knees throb and slightly swell when walking for long periods of time, especially when going down stairs.
- 3.If left untreated, the cartilage continues to wear away so that even a short walk hurts and the knee throbs at night.
How to treat?
They are categorized into conservative and surgical treatments.
Treatment includes bed rest, physical therapy, exercise therapy, medication, and pain treatment.
Nanoori Hospital provides special physical therapy based on its clinical experience in spine and joints.
Nanoori Hospital provides effective non-surgical treatment with the latest joint treatment.
Nanoori Hospital is increasing patient satisfaction with joint surgery that reduces the burden of patients and increases the treatment effect.